What causes smelly shoes ?Your feet is made up of more sweat glands than the rest of the body and unlike the rest of our body the feet releases sweat all day whether we are hot or not but more so when we are hot, nervous or exercising. The bacteria which lives in our shoes , sock and on our feet feed on this sweat and produce the foul odor we have to endure . This means in order to clean our shoes and get rid of the smell we need to kill the bacteria and get rid of the odor.
What you need to know before cleaning smelly shoes ?
- You need to kill the bacteria first.
THE DIFFERENT METHODS TO CLEAN STINKY SMELLY SHOESDepending on what you have around the house, there are a lot of different methods which might work well with your shoes. Your stinky shoes don’t stand a chance when you set your mind to cleaning them!
- Washing machine method for shoes made of fabric The first time I seriously attempted to clean my smelly sneakers was with a washing machine . There are a few things I learnt from a number of tries to get the most effective cleaning. When shoes are beyond hope or are very old anyways, you can just wash them in the washing machine. Make sure to remove the laces and insoles before you wash them. Insoles can be washed by hand with a brush and detergent or soak in water mix with apple cider vinegar. Wash at 40 to 60 degrees add bleach and detergent . The heat and bleach will help to kill the microorganisms . If your dryer has steam clean you can steam it for about ten minutes this will surely get rid of most of the remaining bacteria and odor . I usually place mine in the sun and allow them to air-dry afterwards.
- It can lose the paste on some sneakers toe front (depending on how its made) because of the heat so you may need to wash cold which is less effective than the warm.
- It best for mostly sneakers cannot use for suede shouldn't be used with leather.
- Air drying sometimes leaves water stain on white and light shoes .
- A very easy method
- Very effective for moderately smelly shoes
Does washing smelly shoes in washing machine work ?I have had different results which depended on how stink the shoes were , my nike trainers I washed with hot water and I steam dry and they were very smelly. This fixed at least 90% of the smelly problem but it loose the glue at the front . My champion I could not remove the insole it was washed with cold water smelly fresh after the wash but went back to the same state after first wear. So my conclusion is the steam plays a very important part in getting rid of the smell.
- Tea Tree Oil and peppermint oil method for smelly leather and suede shoes
- It works well on keeping odour away from new shoes
- Can be used on feet to help prevent foot odour
- All natural
- Does not work on very smelly shoes
- Mask the odour that already there
- Vinegar solutions
- It is the best method for clean smelly shoes
- It kills the bacteria and deodorizes your shoes
- Very simple method
- Cannot think of any
- Freezer and baking soda method
- It worked on very mild smelly shoes
- Getting the baking soda to stay in certain parts of the shoe was difficult
- It was not effective at cleaning any of my smelly shoes
- It leaves a mess
- Alcohol solutions
- Great for cleaning leather shoes
- Gets rid of strong odor
- It took some time to use the cotton wool with the alcohol
- Does alcohol work to clean your shoes
- Since I only tried it on leather not sure if it will work on sneaker but I saw success with the leather.
- Kitty litter
- Used tea bags
- Dryer sheets
A very common problems women experience is their nail polish chipping after a day or two of application this post will list the facts how to make your manicure and pedicure last longer (for one week).Many companies make claims that their product can prevent nail chipping and since you are desperate you spend lots of money trying them without any success .The truth is these products do not work without following a number of instructions which will be listed below.
- remove your old nail polish with an acetone nail polish remover
Flash Shiner Nail Buffer
- buff your nails with 3 sided buffing block this will act as exfoliate for your nail to removes any ridges ,dirt ,chemical which would have built up on the top layer of the nail . The 3 ridge nail buffer should be used starting from the coarse side to the very thin side, once complete your nail will have a very smooth shiny look.
- remove any excess oils or grease from your nails by using a cotton ball with some acetone this will help the nail polish to bind better with your nails ,then wipe your hand and nails with a dry cloth or tissue.
- apply a base coat to your nails this acts as a primer for your nail polish , it help your nail polish to stay on longer it also protects your nail from discolouration which occurs overtime from regular nail polish use.Three of the base coats that works very well are listed display below.Allow the base coat to dry for 5 to 10 minutes many person apply their nail polish immediately after applying the base coat this is incorrect.
Seche Clear - Crystal Clear Base Coat
- apply two thin coats of nail polish allow the first coat to dry for about 10 minutes then apply the second coat, allow the nail poilsh to dry completely do not use blow dryers or fan to dry your nail polish this will allow slow the process .To dry your nail fast you can place your hand in the freezer or in a bowl a cold water with ice cube don't allow the cube to touch your finger nails. Do not use old nail polish ( two years old) they crack easily , or nail polish which the bottle was not covered tightly , a good place to storage your nail polish is the refrigerator this keeps them in a new condition.
grease and oil prevent your nail polish from bonding perfectly with your nail ,avoid using hand moisturiser just after applying your nail polish .nail polish takes about 12 to 24 hours to completely dry.lets say you want repaint your nails with the same colour nail polish maybe because its chipped, use a nail polish remover with a brush until it remove the ridges and oils at the top layer. Then give it a minute to dry and your ready to repaint
- apply a top clear coat after the nail polish would have dried you can use the same brand as the base coat or which ever you prefer and a thin coat daily as you see fit . The top coat will help protect your nail polish from your daily rear and tear.