Chest Congestion is a very common condition, especially associated with winter, on very cold days and as a result of infectious respiratory processes such as: flu, colds and other typical virus of this season of the year.
The symptoms commonly observed in this condition are:
* Mucus in the trachea and bronchi
* Dry or wet cough
* Fever (if the source is viral or bacterial)
* Respiratory sounds
* Difficulty breathing when the picture becomes complicated.
* Nasal congestion
* Sore throat
Causes that cause congestion in the chest
* Flu or Influenza
Home Remedies for Chest Congestion
1- Home remedy based on salt water
Salt diluted in warm water (to reduce the inflammation of the throat) is an excellent natural and home remedy that helps to relieve not only the nose but also the chest, favoring the elimination of the mucus trapped in the respiratory tree.
This will be used in the form of garages.
* Place 1 teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm or slightly warm water.
* Mix well until the salt dissolves completely.
* Gargle 2 or 3 times a day until congestion has subsided or disappeared.
2- Inhalation of vapor
Inhaling water vapor helps a lot to relieve congestion of the chest as it helps to take off and dissolve the mucus stuck in the lock and bronchi, thus favoring a better breathing.
* Place a large amount of water in a wide-mouth container and bring to the boil.
* Add a few drops of eucalyptus or mint essential oil to the water.
* Remove from the fire and help with a towel placed on the head is covered the container with boiling water.
* Inhale the vapor by breathing deeply, staying as long as possible.
* Repeat several times a day until improvement.
Another method is also very efficient, is to take a hot shower and breathe the water vapor generated during 5 minutes.
3- Home remedy for chest congestion with turmeric
Turmeric has an active ingredient called curcumin that has expectorant properties, thus helping to remove the mucus from the inflamed airways, thus favoring a correct respiration.
* Put in a glass with warm water, 1 pinch of turmeric powder and mix well thoroughly until the total dissolution of it.
* Gargle 3 or 4 times a day.
* Another way is to place ½ teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of milk and bring to boil, add 2 tablespoons of honey and a pinch of black pepper and stir well until the total integration of all ingredients.
Drink 1 cup hot 2 or 3 times a day.
4- Apple vinegar for chest congestion
Apple cider vinegar proves to be a very good home remedy to treat chest congestion, in addition to being economical and easy to get around the world, it has been found to help dilute the mucus of the respiratory tree, helping to relieve symptoms Of congestion.
* Place 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water.
* Add 1 teaspoon honey and mix well until all ingredients are fully integrated.
* Drink this preparation 2 or 3 times a day for a week.
5- Home remedy based on onion
Onion is another very effective remedy for chest congestion, thanks to one of its active ingredients, quercetin, is that it helps to dissolve the mucus and improve the symptoms, facilitating breathing.
It also has antimicrobial properties which helps combat and prevent respiratory infections.
* Extract with an electric juicer, the juice of 1 onion.
* Put in equal parts pot of honey, lemon juice and water.
* Bring to a boil until the mixture is warm.
* Drink 1 cup, 3 or 4 times a day.
Repeat every day until the chest congestion is gone.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and also stimulates the immune system, which makes it an excellent natural remedy to treat chest congestion.
One of its active ingredients, the polyphenols, inhibits the mucus secretion of the inflamed respiratory system.
* Place in a bowl 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, cut into small pieces and 1 cup hot water.
* Cover the container and let stand 5 minutes.
* Paste and add 1 teaspoon of honey.
* Drink 2 to 3 cups hot per day.