Functions of the liver, its main enemies, liver diseases and natural treatment: diet, herbal medicine, Schüssler salts, geotherapy, oligoterapia and others …
Although their functions are discreetly recognized by majority of the population, the truth is that they are essential and that maintaining a healthy liver is absolutely vital to the overall health of your whole body. In this report we will tell you what are their primary functions, liver diseases , their main enemies and some treatment naturists recommend to enjoy good health hepatica .
The liver: A most sophisticated laboratory
The liver is one of the most important organs when we talk about metabolism , that is, the numerous chemical transformations that occur inside this sophisticated machine that we carry around:
- The liver stores some of the most important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals and transforms others(such as glucose into glycogen) to store it and release it into the bloodstream when required
- The liver generates and stores essential hormones
- Filters a liter and a half of blood per minute (what a work of art!) To eliminate toxic substances like additives, pesticides, and pollutants that enter our system through the digestive, respiratory or skin systems .
- The liver is part of our defensive system , as it neutralizes microorganisms and pathogens before they leach into the general bloodstream
The liver is, therefore, an essential organ that purifies, generates, stores and transforms essential substances for our cells.
The worst enemies of the liver
Given these primordial functions of the liver , it is easy to understand why a host of toxins from our industrialized society is fatal to its proper functioning. An overload of toxic substances depletes it, so that it can no longer function correctly. These are your worst enemies:
- Food . Some toxic from the industrial feed that overload it are: additives , transgenics , pesticides, processed products , etc.
- Medications . Almost all the medications we take pass through the liver , where they are filtered. The ones with the greatest negative influence are: fibrates ( cholesterol ), chlorothiazide ( hypertension ), antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, sulfadiacin, thiouracil and para-aminosalicylic acid.
- Drugs . Understanding by drug not only those that are prohibited , but many of those that are sold in pharmacies. As we have seen, the liver is in charge of neutralizing the toxic substances and all included in this category are invoiced.
- Alcohol . Alcohol impairs the metabolism and use of fats (increases the synthesis of fatty acids , less triglycerides are used, lipoproteins are removed, etc.). Alcohol supposes a strenuous overload for the liver as it acts directly on the liver cells, injuring the tissue.
Major Liver Diseases
- Jaundice . Jaundice is called yellowing of the skin due to the accumulation of bilirubin ( hepatic pigment ). Jaundice is a sign of severe hepatic or biliary abnormalities .
- Gallstones. The stones in the gallbladder impede the metabolism of fats and proteins . Calculus formation is directly related to diet and lifestyle.
- Hepatitis . Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver that usually has a viral origin. 5 viruses are known to cause hepatitis, with B and C being the most serious. Symptoms begin with fatigue, vomiting, yellowing of the skin, dark urine, and whitish stools.
- Cirrhosis . Cirrhosis is a degeneration of liver cells in which nodules are produced and liver function is lost . At first it may have no symptoms and then courses with halitosis, jaundice, abdominal pain, bleeding and fever .
Natural Remedies for Liver Health
What we show below are therapies or naturist treatments that contribute in a definitive way to prevent diseases of the liver and to recover their health and functionality:
DIET FOR THE LIVER
It is less comfortable but more effective therapy . Learning to eat well is an art and discipline that takes time and requires effort and commitment. Each one chooses the moment and the responsibility that he will apply to his own health. We offer you the relevant information to eat well once and for all:
- Foods to maintain a healthy liver
- How to make a healthy and balanced diet
- Basic issues of food hygiene
- Healthy examples of breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Healthy Weekly Menu and Healthy Vegetarian Weekly Menu
- What nutrients our body needs
- Metabolism: food travel
- Learn to buy eco-friendly
- How to distinguish quality foods
- What is Blood PH
We assure you that when you finish reading these articles, you will have a pretty rough idea of ??what the steps are to definitely change the diet and regain health.
PHYTOTHERAPY FOR THE LIVER
The herbal medicine is the use of medicinal plants and their active ingredients for therapeutic purposes. These are some of the most indicated plants for the health of the liver and the gallbladder :
- Cardo Mariano (extract). One of the plants with greater regenerative power of the liver , with numerous scientific studies that support its effectiveness. It has a great antioxidant action and is especially indicated in hepatitis, cirrhosis and alcoholism.
- Artichoke (leaves of the plant less than a year old). It tones the liver , is depurative, regulates biliary flow and lowers cholesterol.
- Dandelion . It increases the flow of bile, decongests the liver , is diuretic and depurative.
- Chicory (root). Regulates bile and is detoxifying (not indicated in nervous people)
- Boldo . It regulates the biliary flow and stimulates the functioning of the gallbladder.
- Gentian . Especially indicated in heavy digestions.
- Turmeric . It stimulates the secretion of bile and helps to undo the calculations. Check out the properties of turmeric
- Licorice . It has anti-inflammatory and antiviral activity, although it can cause edema ( liquid retention ) as it reduces potassium levels .
DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE LIVER
To stimulate liver function, there are some micronutrients in the form of dietary supplements that can help us:
- Supplements with sulfur compounds to detoxify the liver
- Antioxidant Supplements
- Vitamin C
- Trace elements that stimulate liver function
- Supplements with concentrated extracts of the plants mentioned in the previous section
- Soy lecithin
Without a doubt, the best option is to go to specialists and choose a supplement that includes trace elements, plants and vitamins that act in synergy to purify the liver and stimulate liver functions.
Schuessler are mineral salts that act by regulating the natural functions of the organism. The most suitable for metabolism and detoxification are:
- Nº 8 Natrium Chloratum
- Nº 9 Natrium Phosforicum
- Nº 10 Natrium Sulfuricum
You can get them in pharmacies. If you want more information consult our reports: what are the Schuessler salts and how to take them , the 12 salts of Schuessler and home remedies with Schuessler salt.
CLAY FOR LIVER WELL-BEING
The geoterapia uses the properties of clay to improve health. Clay is a very versatile element : anti-inflammatory, analgesic and disinfectant . Take it this way:
- Add a small teaspoon of green clay to a glass of water
- Remove and let stand for a few minutes
- Take it and try not to eat anything for the next hour
If you want to know other ways to use clay properties of clay , health clay , how to use clay on the skin , types of clay , uses of white clay , uses of green clay or uses of red clay .
In any case, it is important to put it in the hands of medical professionals who guide and advise you. There are several very interesting currents … almost all of them take into account the emotional factor and its repercussion on health. Choose the one that inspires you the most:
- Orthomolecular Therapy
- Oligoterapia: medicine of the grounds
- Bach flowers
Habits for health
And, of course, we can not forget all those essential habits that contribute in a definitive way, not only to the health of the liver , but to your whole organism:
- Why it is so important to sleep well
- How to do smart exercise
- 5 Healthy Habits for Wellness
- What is it for?
- Start with love
- Learning to choose people
Remember that these are just some tips and that you should put in the hands of qualified medical professionals who study your particularities.