The Telework is a work remotely, where performance is in a different place usual work center. This strategy uses computer media for communication, either for sending inputs and results or for carrying out the activity.
It is necessary to be clear about the difference between ” work at home ” and “teleworking”, since the first, unlike the second, does not imply a preponderance of information technology and telecommunications in the performance of the work.
With this work system, companies can save between 60% and 80% on their real estate costs by implementing flexible strategies in their workplaces. In this way, you can get a benefit for your company as workers increase their productivity by not losing time on trips to the office, traffic or any problem that may arise on the way to work.
Now, it is also always good to observe and evaluate all the points of an innovative system before incorporating it into your business. Do you want to know if this system is convenient for your company? Check here the advantages and disadvantages that you will have when applying it.
Advantages of teleworking for the teleworker
- Greater flexibility and mobility
- Higher productivity
- Greater job opportunities
- Greater reconciliation of family and work life
- Greater integration to people with disabilities
- Less stress
- It works better and you can even “leave before work”
- Greater tranquility
- More free time
- Less interruptions in the company, although they may be at home
- Reduced travel and time expenses
- Greater access to training
- Possibility to work more at ease wherever you want
Advantages for the company
- Less need for infrastructure
- Less expenses, since the worker assumes certain expenses
- Less resources in the control, schedules and other workers
- Better use of jobs
- Less absenteeism
- Less conflict between workers
- Less pollution
- More access to professionals and talents
- Improvement in performance and delivery times
The disadvantages of teleworking for the worker
- Easier for the worker to “leave” or not be motivated for work
- Less contact with https://viagragen.com other people and less sociability
- There is no collaboration with other workers
- More expenses are required such as electricity, internet, etc.
- There may be conflicts with the family, especially when there is a lot of work or tension
Disadvantages for the company
- There is usually a loss of hierarchies in the absence of continuous supervision.
- Less communication
- Economic compensations may be greater than in other types of work
- Less participation among workers and less reciprocity
- There is no specific regulation
- Advantages for those who work on their own
- Be your own boss
- More savings in resources
- More savings in travel
- Greater reconciliation of professional and family life
- More time to be with the family and do paperwork when necessary
- There is a point of decreasing performance when employing teleworkers, since the cost of a quality control is greater than the value that the workers contribute, since the supervision of the worker at home is lower.
- Conflicts can be created with the loyalty of the employee to the company, for the same reason of not feeling a great identification with it.
But to be able to get the most out of this new way of working , the ideal is to have the necessary tools to favor it, since without it the advantages of which we speak may not be given. There are many people who can adapt perfectly, and others who do need control to be able to perform at their best. And the control can also be done remotely and frequently (for example once a week).