The robots industrial they are not new, since they have been installed in thousands of factories throughout the world, automating many processes, economically and effectively. Obviously, this is not always good for the operators since many are left without work. In the 20th century, these robots began to develop, around the year 1940, when the first factories began to operate. In fact, many human tasks were replaced by industrial robots for various reasons: less expense, faster and better quality. Everything was in favor of the companies, but the workers are harmed by losing their jobs. This is how millions of people were left without work over the years and as industrial robots developed better. These are characterized by being reprogrammable. That is to say, that when you change the model of a product, the machinery is not changed, but your software is updated. the advantages and disadvantages of robotics are varied, and they stand out as follows:
Advantages of robots:
The advantages of human substitution by the robot are eminently immense and infinite. Since without the help of this the human being would not have been able to evolve to the point that we have arrived now.
- Thanks to the robotics, the human being has been able to dedicate his time to improving the quality of life by applying it constantly and replacing himself in repetitive and exhausting tasks.
- Robots allow researchers to understand some functions impossible to unravel directly through animal experimentation.
- They are reprogrammable multifunctional manipulators with various degrees of freedom, capable of manipulating materials, parts, tools or special devices according to variable trajectories programmed to perform various tasks.
- Any mechanical device capable of reproducing human movements for the manipulation of objects is used.
- Educational programs use robot control simulation as a teaching medium.
- We can mention the multi-robots as those capable of adapting to different fields of work.
- For the owners of the factory, the fact of having automated processes gives several benefits in terms of production, which we mentioned above, such as lower manufacturing costs and more efficient resolution (speed and quality).
- Thanks to the automation of industrial robots, we live in the technological world of today, since otherwise, there would be no appliances, vehicles such as vans or cars, even personal computers, since everything is done by these machines that were programmed.
- Industrial robots have a very small margin of error, and this can produce millions of articles in series all the same, with virtually no differences.
- Robots have much more flexibility than humans since the managers of the machines just have to program them and that’s it. From the point of view of the owners, robots are better because humans are not as efficient and have needs as resting with which they do not take advantage of 100% time.
- Robots can cover jobs or jobs that may be unsafe for a human being.
Disadvantages of robots:
- The time of product development through industrial robots is minimal, with which important companies stimulate the constant purchase by thousands of people throughout the world, encouraging a capitalism that can become stressful.
- Thousands of people throughout the world lose their jobs because they are replaced by industrial robots.
- When starting a company that needs these machines, it takes a lot of initial capital because they are very expensive.
- They consume a lot of energy in a factory, which translates into a significant new cost to pay.
- Currently, it can be seen that unemployment due to human substitution by robots has been greater than the employment it has created. This is mainly due to the fact that many past generations could not compete with the potential of the robots, that is why they were replaced and expelled from this specific work area.
- These thinking computers are only considered as a base of a kind of intelligent robots capable of creating copies of themselves.
- The cost of a robot remains constant with low reduction.
- They require large capital to install that depreciates over the years and the human resource that costs working time.
- A robot can be economically justified.
- Human resources may feel threatened by unemployment.
- Disuse of the team at the end of the project.