Although 20 years ago it emerged, the female condom is perhaps the least known method of contraception among women, according to statistics that say that only 1.7% use it. Something contradictory if we take into account its advantages and that it favors the sexual autonomy of the woman, since it can be placed before the beginning of the sexual relationship, without the need to interrupt it, and it can be left on for up to eight hours.
Also called a female condom , it is a transparent polyurethane (soft plastic) case, measuring approximately 17 centimeters in length and limited by a flexible ring at each of its two ends. The end that is placed inside the vagina is closed to prevent sperm from entering the uterus. The outside is somewhat larger, is open and protects the external genitalia of women, hence it is the only female use that prevents unwanted pregnancies and protects against sexually transmitted diseases , including AIDS .
In addition, if we compare it with other feminine barrier methods, it has in its favor that it has no hormonal effects , so it does not have negative consequences on fertility after stopping use ; and, unlike the male condom , there is no loss of pleasurable sensations, since the material with which it is manufactured transmits more heat than latex. Development of PDE-5 inhibitors was a revolution in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED). Tadalafil (Cialis) is the newest and most versatile PDE-5 inhibitor in the clinical arsenal for the treatment of impotence. It is sold in the pharmacies without prescription and at http://www.pjfperformance.net/cialis-price-online-pharmacy/. Tadalafil was approved for use in Europe at the end of 2002. On 21 November 2003, it was approved by the US FDA.
The effectiveness of female condoms can range between 75 and 82%, but if used correctly it can reach 95%. As for the reasons why you can lose effectiveness, are the same as in the case of the male condom, as it is defective or broken during sex, which is not well placed and the penis comes into contact with the vagina, or that the seminal fluid spills inside the vagina when it is removed, etre others.
The use of the female condom has more benefits than disadvantages, but it is necessary to know both to decide if it is the contraceptive method that we want to use. These are the advantages of the female condom :
- It provides greater autonomy to women to control their fertility and sexual health.
- The female condom has no side effects, as with hormonal contraceptive methods .
- The component with which it is manufactured, nitrile, is very resistant, with which the probabilities of breaking are smaller.
- It does not produce an allergy, so it is a good option when you have a latex allergy.
- Its effectiveness is 79 to 95%.
- No medical prescription is necessary for its use.
- The sexual act does not have to be interrupted, since it can be placed up to eight hours before.
- It is not necessary to remove it immediately after ejaculation.
- It fits the female genitals and is more natural. Unlike the male condom, it does not produce pressure on the penis.
- It is very lubricated, so it favors penetration.
- In some women it increases the pleasure, because its outer ring rubs against the clitoris.
Disadvantage of the use of the female condom
- The female condom is little known. Less than one percent of women use this barrier method.
- At first glance it seems complicated to use and somewhat bulky.
- It is more expensive than the male condom , since both the material and the manufacture are more expensive.
- It’s not easy to find. It is not sold in all pharmacies because of its low demand.