If you think that acne is just a bane of teenagers, you are wrong. Pimples, blackheads and pimples often attack after the age of thirty. And then it is even harder to deal with the problems of unruly skin.
Stress, pollution and eating too many spices, including the famous mustard, have been accused of causing acne for years . Today, it is known that although they can exacerbate the problem, the main culprit is not mustard or chocolate, but hormones. And then even the best-composed diet, healthy lifestyle and avoiding stress will not help.
People in their thirties often deal with skin problems as well as teenagers. Almost half of women in this age suffer from permanent or recurring imperfections and acne. The problem lies mainly in the characteristics of the problem. Acne people in their thirties differ in the location of changes and their type. Instead of blackheads, blackheads and prickly pimples appear and hard bumps under the skin, which occur with pus and create an inflammation. Acne at this age occurs mainly in the area of the chin, jaw, back and cleavage. It happens that some people appear for the first time after the age of thirty.
Acne in his thirties – causes
The main cause of acne after the age of thirty is an increase in androgen levels , i.e. male sex hormones. The level of these hormones always increases before menstruation (which is why the most frequent eruptions and blemishes). The skin is definitely in the best form during ovulation, when the level of hormones – estrogen and progesterone is the highest. Later, her condition gradually deteriorates
- Non-physiological growth of androgens is most often caused by discontinuation of hormonal contraception or by using ill-chosen contraception.
Acne after the age of thirty may also have a genetic basis (you can ask mom, sister, grandma) or be caused by a bad diet (rich in fatty foods, fast food, soda and sweetened beverages, sweets, salt and spicy spices, alcohol, stimulants) ), and even a life of deep stress and a neurosis and chronic lack of sleep.
The environment in which we live – not only air pollution, but also air conditioning, lack of access to fresh air and ventilation, dry air and poor humidity have a great impact on the complexion. Such extreme conditions for the skin force the sebaceous glands to produce a large amount of sebum. Some medications taken regularly also affect the skin condition and appearing efflorescence , these include anticonvulsants and steroids.
Acne in their thirties – TEST
If pimples and pimples appear on your face , try to find the cause of the problem in your everyday life. If you eliminate all the problems that can cause acne, then report to a dermatologist. Remember, this does not apply to the acute form of acne, which requires medical diagnosis and meticulous treatment, often an antibiotic.
- Does acne appear or exacerbate only before and during menstruation? This is normal. If you have a tendency for it as a teenager, then you probably will not get the pustules. You can properly care for your skin and moisturize it well or report to a gynecologist who will prescribe birth control pills to regulate hormone levels.
- Do you work in an air-conditioned room on a daily basis and do not have access to fresh air? Air conditioning and artificial ventilation so dry the air that in a short time your skin dries, which forces the sebaceous glands to produce sebum. You must then change the environment or the way of daily skin care – at least twice a day clean it with a delicate preparation (without alcohol) and moisturise it very thoroughly (also drinking a lot of water and applying moisturizing masks on the face).
- Do you live under constant stress and you do not sleep more often? It’s all visible on your skin. Gray or bluish skin, bags under the eyes and acne are a companion of stress and neurosis. Working on your own mental health and comfort of everyday life in a short time you will see a marked improvement in your skin condition.
- Do you accept or accept hormonal contraception? Badly adjusted hormonal contraception or interruption of its use usually result in skin deterioration and acne. You can fix it by changing the tablets, for example.
- Do you have an irregular lifestyle and your diet is junk? It’s a simple way to get acne. Consuming a large amount of alcohol and stimulants, as well as irregular meals consisting of red, fatty meat, white bread, junk food, sweet and fizzy drinks, is one of the main causes of adult acne. Eliminating unhealthy food, sweets and excess salt from the menu should immediately act like a detox for the skin . After a few weeks of increased acne, the skin will gradually regain its healthy color and smooth texture.
- Do you paint every day using at least a few cosmetics? In addition to the greasy consistency and ‘clogging’ properties, colored cosmetics consist largely of harmful chemistry and dyes. Treating your skin with such a high concentration of chemical components, we are exposed to allergies, allergies and pustules. In cases of increased production of sebum and the appearance of acne, it is worth giving up for a time with full make-up.
Acne on health?
According to a team of scientists from the University of Bristol, acne has its good sides. Specifically, it can protect against coronary disease at a later age. Studies have shown that acne (referred to as teenage acne ) by as much as 33 percent. reduces the risk of coronary heart disease in men. As the scientists explain, it may be due to the excess of androgens, male sex hormones, which on one hand are responsible for pimples, and on the other – they can protect the heart. There are also studies according to which the fight against acne up to 70 percent. increases the risk of prostate cancer. It is not known what is worse …
What is characteristic for adult acne?
Acne in the thirties – how to care for the skin?
In the case of severe forms of acnetreatment is required antibiotics, vitamins PP (i.e., B 3 , niacin), and B12 or hormonal drugs. If the acne is mild and you do not need such a radical treatment, you should rely on the right cosmetics. And in the case of oily skin, capricious and prone to efflorescence, these must be developed according to strict rules. The preparations are designed to counteract the growth of bacteria that settle the sebaceous glands and normalize the process of secretion of sebum . It is worth reaching not only for cleansing cosmetics (tonics, gels), but also for preparations that will prevent excessive drying of the skin.
Such a handy rescue kit should contain:
- cream matting and regulating sebaceous glands,
- deeply moisturizing cream (preferably for sensitive and prone to irritation),
- concealer with zinc for imperfections camouflage,
- delicate cleansing tonic without alcohol content.
The problem concerns both women and men. In the case of mature skin with problems, anti-acne cosmetics for teenagers are not the best solution and can only worsen skin condition. They usually contain alcohol, and this excessively dries the skin. Remember to never go to sleep in make-up and do not wash your face with soap. After each skin cleansing and washing your face, thoroughly moisten the cream layer on which your skin reacts best. Regularly perform a gentle peeling and use cosmetics with the addition of zinc, salicylic acid, lactic acid, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur.
Warning! Remember about proper supplementation of vitamins, minerals and elements necessary for the proper functioning of the body. Perform the necessary tests (including a blood test) that will show what you and your skin need. Take care of yourself from the inside, and your skin will also stop being sick.