There are numerous homeopathic medicines for anxiety that are designed to help cope with stress in a natural way. The anxiety is a defense mechanism that occurs in all people. It is an alert system that is launched in different situations considered a threat and that allows us to improve performance and the ability to anticipate and respond.
The function of anxiety is to mobilize the body and keep it on alert to intervene in the face of risks and threats , pushing us to take the appropriate measures according to the case and the origin of the danger such as fleeing, attacking, neutralizing, facing, adapting , etc…
Feeling anxiety in certain situations is completely normal, even good and does not represent any health problem. However, in some cases, this defense mechanism works in an altered way causing health problems and incapacitating the person.
When the alarm goes off the pupils dilate, the heart accelerates, excessive sweating appears, muscular tension increases the oxygen supply, the glucose reserves are used … In short, our organism prepares to fight or flee.
The manifestations of anxiety are very varied and are classified into 5 groups:
- Physical symptoms: palpitations, tachycardia, excessive sweating, digestive discomfort, muscle stiffness …
- Psychological symptoms: restlessness, overwhelm, uncertainty, difficulty in making decisions …
- Behavioral symptoms: alertness, blockages, awkwardness, difficulty acting …
- Intellectual or cognitive symptoms: d ificultad attention, concentration and memory, increased forgetfulness and carelessness, excessive worry …
- Social symptoms: irritability, difficulties to start or follow a conversation, block or stay blank …
Not all people have the same symptoms, or in the same intensity. Each person, according to their biological and / or psychological predisposition, is more vulnerable or susceptible to suffer one or other symptoms.
Anxiety and homeopathy
For the treatment of anxiety there are different pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments that are effective in relieving anxiety.
According to the World Health Organization, 25% of patients who see a doctor present symptoms of anxiety and 15% of the population develops some anxiety disorder throughout their lives.
Homeopathic medicines for anxiety are useful in certain constitutions. Their function is to help cope with stress in a natural way, without affecting their daily lives.
These homeopathic treatments act in a global way on the anxiety and sleep disorders associated with alleviating the person suffering from it on the different types of symptoms.
Advantages of homeopathic medicines for anxiety:
- Tolerability: No relevant adverse effects associated with the taking of these medications have been described. This means that they can be taken for prolonged periods and interrupt the taking of homeopathic medicines at any time without suffering any rebound effect such as that caused by anxiolytic drugs.
- Compatibility: Homeopathic medicines for the treatment of anxiety are compatible with other treatments, whether pharmacological or non-pharmacological.
- Do not cause drowsiness: neither cause sleep, nor affect memory, or ability to concentrate.
- They do not affect coordination: they do not affect coordination, nor does it influence reflections when driving or working with machinery.
- Older people: homeopathic medicines do not produce confusion or disorientation in elderly people or other at-risk patients.
- Use in children: can be used in pediatrics to relieve nervousness or sleep disturbances in children.
- Pregnancy: can be used during pregnancy and during periods of lactation.
- Easy to take and to take: either in the form that it is: granules, doses or tablets, the homeopathic medicines dissolve in the mouth without needing to take water.
Homeopathic medicines for anxiety
In homeopathy, preventing or curing anxiety is not just about treating the symptoms, but also the sensitivity and emotions of each patient. The effectiveness of homeopathic treatments is greater when the medicines approach the problems, sensations, emotions.
The most common homeopathic medicines to treat anxiety are the following:
- Aconitum napellus: is used to treat panic attacks that present tremors, sweating and uncontrollable fear.
- Argentum nitricum: used to treat anguish, states of hypersensitivity, nervousness and worry.
- Arsenicum album recommended for people who have panic attacks in the middle of the night.
- Calcarea carbonica indicated for the treatment of anxiety in reliable people who are simply overwhelmed by illness or overwork.
- Chamomilla vulgaris: indicated to treat anxiety symptoms with symptoms of anger, depression and in some cases abdominal pain.
- Gelsenium Sempervirens: Ideal for those who suffer from anxiety with tremors, fear, feeling of inhibition and paralysis. Gelsemium sempervirens is especially indicated to avoid anxiety when preparing for an exam or sports competition.
- Cyclamen europaeum: is for those people who suffer anxiety and feel emotions of abandonment and indignity. Also for when the anxiety increases at the time of menstruation and it is accompanied by headache, eyes and dizziness.
- Ignatia amara is administered to people with sadness, disappointment, stress and suffering from performance anxiety.
- Kali phosphoricum is for people who tend to eat a lot when they have anxiety.
- Lycopodium is given to treat anxiety in people who assume more than they can handle.
- Nux vomica: indicated for those people who feel highly irritable and who get out of their boxes easily.