The CRM or Customer Relationship Management are beneficial for both large companies and small. Because they help to better manage customer information and improve the service provided to them. But like all management software also has a number of drawbacks. Next, we will see the Advantages and disadvantages of CRM .
Advantages of CRM
Enter the advantages of CRM we can find:
- Centralization of information . All the information about the clients is in a single place and is accessible to all the people involved in the treatment and attention to that client.
- Personalization of the treatment and the service or product . This allows an adequate response to any management. In addition, this will improve customer service and allow you to offer more appropriate services and offers of fully customized products.
- Promotion of loyalty . If we get our customers to be satisfied, they will buy another of our services and products. As a result, customer loyalty is created. It is more profitable to maintain and sell to customers that you already have to get new ones, right?
- Capacity to adapt the CRM tool to any type of organization, according to your needs. It does not matter the size or the organization of the company . CRM can be used by both large, medium and small businesses.
- It is always accessible . Normally the CRM adapt to any type of device (computer, tablet or Smartphone).
- More organized sales . They allow a better follow-up of the clients, with which the commercial department will be able to make their tasks easier. In addition, the life cycles of each commercial proposal are more visible and it is easier to determine where the sales process fails.
- We will solve problems faster . With the data of the management program we will be able to analyze them and we will obtain the trends, the problems to be solved, the patterns in a faster way. Likewise, it will also allow us to develop new projects with the knowledge acquired about our clients.
- Community building . CRMs allow the construction of communities that will allow customers to share their experiences with the company. Likewise, customers may qualify the products or services and register customer service inquiries. They also encourage interaction with other customers to share their experiences with the products.
The aforementioned are just some of the pros of the use of CRM, now we will analyze the cons that are much smaller in number.
Disadvantages of CRM
Despite the amount of benefits that the use of CRMs possesses, we must take into account that there are a number of risks and problems involved in its implementation:
- The price of licenses to use CRM . Most computer programs are paid. Some of these tools offer free time. This can vary between the week or the month. After the deadline you have to pay for it. What is a monthly expense for the company. The fee to pay will depend on the contracted plan. Although there are also free CRM for your company .
- CRM does not work for all customers . This tool must be implemented in those customers most valuable to the company. In this way, we can build a learning relationship that allows us to detect the specific needs of that client. As a consequence we can deliver more personalized services and products and we will differentiate ourselves from the competition.
- Training . Like any computer program, the CRM also requires a period of learning and business training to know how it works. So we will need time for our staff to learn to manage it, and get used to using it.
- Resistance to its use . Everything that represents novelty, sometimes creates a certain rejection. So maybe we should spend time motivating staff to use this tool.
We have analyzed the pros and cons of CRM . But we must remember that the success of a CRM strategy lies in understanding it as a business strategy keeping the main focus on the customer and their satisfaction.